Often times we think that ‘eating healthy’ is boring and we have to say goodbye to many meals that we used to enjoy in the past because they are not healthy so we have to start getting used to the idea of eating tasteless meals.
Nothing could be further from the truth. One of my favourite things about cooking healthy recipes, is realising that we can create the “healthy version” of almost every meal we like. Tacos, hamburgers, pancakes, popcorns, you name it! we can use our imagination and create the healthy version of it by choosing high quality ingredients, this is, whole and unprocessed, fresh and organic, free from additives, chemicals and refined sugars.
That’s the reason I love this Guilty-Free Pancakes recipe. Not only it is easy to do, but it is also delicious and packed with nutrients so it makes the perfect breakfast to kick off your day. Bon appétit!
Total time: 20min / Serves: 4 pancakes
- 2 eggs (organic and free-range)
- 1/2 cup berries (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk and coconut oil and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until no lumps remain and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skilled over medium heat.
- Add coconut oil to skillet and fry pancakes flipping after about 3 minutes.
- Serve topped with the berries, you can add also some powdered coconut sugar or maple syrup to make them bit sweeter (optional).