Avocados are one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They are packed with nutrients, healthy fats, antioxidant phytochemicals, trace minerals and vitamins, carotenoids, and they also are rich in fiber, protein and folate.
The benefits of avocados are many, some of the most important include improved heart health, lower risk for metabolic syndrome, healthy skin, hair and eyes, cancer prevention, they are of great help with weight loss, protect from insulin resistance and diabetes and improve hormonal balance and cognitive function.
Many people think that avocados are a vegetable but they are actually a fruit. Their amazing taste and texture makes them a perfect ingredient in both savory and sweet dishes. You can use it on salads, soups, smoothies, cold and hot meals, etc! They are perfect to eat at any time of the day, either for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a healthy snack between meals or post-workout.
Try this easy to do and delicious recipe and let me know in the comments if you liked it!
Total time: 15min / Serves: 2
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 2 gluten-free wraps (corn tortilla or brown rice tortilla)
- 1 pinch Himalayan seas salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients, except the baby spinach, in a bowl.
- Scoop out 1/2 of the mixture into each wrap, add baby spinach and roll.
- Serve with a baby spinach salad on the side (add lemon and salt to taste).