Salmon –when it’s wild-caught and not farmed- is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. It’s packed with flavor and nutrients, outstanding amounts of vitamins B12 and D and omega-3 fatty acids.
Among its nutritional benefits are: It helps maintain optimal health, helps prevent osteoporosis, helps prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease since it helps repair brain and neurological function, helps reduce inflammation and promotes heart health.
This recipe is highly nutritious and balanced in calories, not to mention its delicious taste! Have fun cooking it and let me know in the comments below how it goes.
Total time: 25min / Serves: 2
- 2 salmon fillets, wild-caught (avoid farmed-salmon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200º C
- Put the salmon fillets on a large all-metal skillet rub with olive oil and lemon and sprinkle with salt and pepper both sides of the salmon fillets.
- Put the skillet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then flip the salmon and bake for 10 minutes more until the salmon is cooked and tender.
- Turn off the oven, remove the salmon fillets and serve hot.